Abilene Idol Audition Instructions
Date: Saturday, January 23, 2021
Time: 11:00am – 5:00 pm, times/numbers assigned upon registration.
Place: Mall of Abilene, courtyard in front of Women’s Dillard's.
Fee: $25 pre-registration; $30 on-site.
Pre-register online abileneidol2021.chorusabilene.net. Only those with pre-registration will be guaranteed a time!
• All decades and genres of music encouraged!
• Registration form and audition fee should be sent to Chorus Abilene, PO Box
3358, Abilene, TX 79604 or paid online at
• Registration form includes contact information, permission to use photos and recordings
at the auditions for publicity purposes.
• Parents must sign consent forms for minors.
• Contestants may bring a guitar or other handheld instrument; no keyboards.
• Use of a back-up CD/MP3 encouraged; a cappella singing permissible for audition only.
• CD/MP3 should be ready to play for contestant’s two (2) minute performance time.
• Microphone & sound system provided.
• Soloists only; no groups.
• Performance time of two (2) minutes.
• Consider your song carefully. It is strongly recommended this be the same song for the
Finale, should you be chosen.
Top Ten adults and Final Five juniors
• Will be announced at the conclusion of auditions, after judges confer, at the
Mall of Abilene. Finalists will have an additional release/agreement form.
• Top Ten and Final Five agree to perform at Finale and be timely with paperwork and headshot
appearance. Must also agree to do their best to raise $1,000 via votes or sponsorships.
Scoring on the evening of the Feb. 6th Finale performance will be composed of three components:
• Contestants may solicit an unlimited number of $1 “pre-votes” (20% of the total vote) with
cut-off at 1:00pm, Friday, Feb. 5th.
• Audience members on Feb. 6th will have one text vote per phone (20%).
• A three-judge panel will render a consensus opinion (60%).
• Date/time: Saturday, Feb. 6, 7:00 p.m.
• Place: Abilene Convention Center. Tickets: $15 reserved, $10 non-reserved.
• Morning sound check, 10am-noon, for finalists.
• Adult winners receive: $600/First Place; $400/Second Place; $200/Third Place.
• Junior winners receive: $300/First Place; $200/Second Place; $100/Third Place.
• Adult and junior winners agree to perform for the 2022 Abilene Idol Finale and adult winner agrees to judge 2022 Auditions.